Thursday, August 27, 2015

Thirsty Thursday-An Apple for the Teacher...or Mom...or Whoever Needs It!!



Can you believe we have almost made it through the first week of school?  September is breathing down our necks.  In honor of teachers everywhere, I decided to add another drink recipe that used apples.  I will be honest...granny smith apples are not my favorite.  But this little sangria recipe is cheap, easy (everything can be found at the grocery store!) and quick to put together.  I have seen it on the interwebs as Green Apple Sangria.  I think I may make some changes the next time I make it. 

The grocery list is easy.
All you need is a bottle of (750oz) )white wine, 1-2 green granny smith apples and 1 can of ginger ale.

Recipe:
1.  Slice your apples thin.  I got lazy and ended up doing a mix of thin slices and smaller chunks.  You do what makes you happy!  Throw them into the pitcher when you are done.

2.  Pour your bottle of white wine in the pitcher.

3.  Then pour your can of ginger ale in the pitcher.  Stir to give it a good mix.

4.  You can either enjoy it now OR place it in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours.

The next time I make it, I might substitute the large bottle of white wine for sour apple vodka.  I will play with the measurements and get back to you!  Maybe even add some caramel vodka too?! 

Hope everyone has enjoyed their first week back.  If you're my kid's teacher, I am sorry.  He's a handful and here's you a drink recipe to enjoy!

Hugs y'all!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment