Friday, July 17, 2015

Thirsty Thursday (A Day Late): Chocolate Chip Cookie Shake


Hope everyone is ready for a great weekend!!  Since I did not get to post this recipe yesterday, I thought I would today.  It will be close to 100 degrees this weekend so why not feature a drink with some ice  cream in it?!  Plus, Chief's birthday is tomorrow.  He likes cookies.  He likes shakes.  He likes ice cream.  Why not combine his favorites?

I found a recipe online but decided to change it up a little.  If you don't have a blender, don't substitute your kitchenaid mixer for it.  Just go buy a blender.  Trust me...that's why there is not a picture of a sweet little hazel-eyed boy sipping away on his shake.  But I will get my blender this weekend so I can make a good thick shake for the birthday boy.

You need:
3-4 scoops of vanilla ice cream-homemade vanilla, classic vanilla, vanilla bean (whatever your preference is)

1-2 chocolate chip cookies, crumbled (homemade or store bought; your preference)

1 cup of almond milk

A Handful of chocolate chips for topping

In a blender, combine the ice cream, crumbled cookies, and almond milk.  For a thicker shake, use 4 scoops.  I liked 3 scoops in mine.  If you add too much ice cream, just add a little more milk to thin it out.  Blender until semi-smooth.  Then pour into your glass and top with chocolate chips.  Perfect!!

No comments:

Post a Comment