Thursday, May 14, 2015

Thirsty Thursday-Nail Polish and Cocktails




I choose nail polish based on the name about 75% of the time.  If I want a pink polish, I will look through every bottle until I find one with a name that amuses me.  I am also that person that will choose a book based on the cover or the title.  I have read some really great books using this method. 

I started realizing there could be themes to the nail polishes I have...one being cocktails.  This post was a fun one to research and play with the different colors.  I am sure the cosmetic lady at Walgreen's thought I was completely crazy but ask me if I care.  It was for research purposes!

During last summer, I decided to treat myself to a manicure.  I knew I wanted a bright pink but not neon.  Then I found it...OPI Strawberry Margarita!  It was the right shade of pink-cute but not overbearing.  I ended up buying it yesterday so that I could do my toes when the rain finally stops!  In case you are now craving a margarita, check out this Thirsty Thursday post for recipes! 
OPI - Strawberry Margarita
 
I currently have my nails painted two different colors.  I couldn't decide which one I liked better so I used both.  They are both from Essie.  The first is called Peach Daiquiri.  It is definitely bright but not so overwhelming.  I am not a big neon nail color girl and I still like the brightness of this one.  The other is Mojito Madness.  It is a deep mint color and looks great with Peach Daiquiri.  Both are great for summer!  Once you get your nails painted and dried, be sure to make a Frozen Peach Diaquiri or a Mojito


 
I have two last colors that are not in my collection but still really cute.  One is a nude (which I don't wear.  I am pale enough!) and a gray color that I haven't be able to find.
 
 Essie Resort 2014 : Cocktails and Coco (slight shimmer neutral nail polish)
(photo from imabeautygeek.com)
Cocktails and Coco is really cute but like I said I am pale enough.  I paint my nails so that I have a little color.  I don't need my nails tanner than my legs and arms!
Cocktail Bling -new favorite nail color
(photo from lacqueredlover.com)
 
Cocktail Bling is adorable!  I love grey polish.  I have looked and looked for it but each store I have been to, it was sold out.  I guess it's pretty popular.  I am adding some simple cocktail recipes for your enjoyment as well.
 
By the weekend gets here, your nails will be looking good and you will have a few new drink recipes to try out on your friends!
Hugs y'all,
Melissa 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment