Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wonder Woman Wednesday: Operation Fridge Clean Up

Have ever you opened the fridge and a herd of eggs came flying at you?  Splat!!  On the floor are your freshly bought eggs...  You get mad.  You may yell.  Then you start purging anything that might even be close to expiring!  Oh, this only happens to me?

                    
Chaos in my house drives me crazy.  A messy fridge has become a new pet peeve of mine.  Water bottles everywhere...applesauce forgotten about...10 bags of grated cheese because I forget I what I have so I buy a new bag every time...  Now everything has a place.  
Everyone has a different way of setting up their fridge so I won't go through all my shelves.  But, here's some helpful hints-dollar store plastic bins!  The big red one holds at least 14 small water bottles.  When my daughter's basketball team comes over, I can take the whole bin out and place on the table with a little ice over them.  In one of my crisper drawers, there are 2 small bins (not pictured).  One holds all my cheeses, grated or sliced.  Now I know what I have and what I need.  The other small bin holds my garlic cloves and onion.  Cokes go on the drink rack and tada!

Having the bins also makes it easier to know when things are out.  I can glance in the fridge and know what needs to go on the grocery list.  Life instantly made easier!!!

Remember March is the kitchen organization challenge.  So your task for this week is your fridge!  Clean it, empty it, stock and organize it!  Make it smell purdy and (in my case) replace the light bulb!

Happy Organizing!

Hugs y'all!
Melissa 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment