Friday, March 13, 2015

Fashion Friday-Leprechaun or Irish Cutie?



Let's face it.  Too much of a good thing can be bad.  So can too much of one color.  I have to come to keep you from looking like a leprechaun next week!  Seriously, no one wants that look.  It's not flattering to look like a little bald man in a green suit.

1.  Use complimentary colors.  
      I love green with navy!  A good Kelly green looks pulled together when paired with navy.  Purple is another great choice.  Muted lime green seems more adult when paired with chocolate brown.  Deep greens like emerald will pop with tan or camel.

2. Use it small doses!
     That means add green accessories to compliment an outfit.  Scarves, necklaces, earrings, bracelets or shoes are easy to add.  Keep it to 3 pieces.  

3.  Go Big!
      Quite a contradiction to tip 2!  I have two pieces in my closet I love!!!  I found a great pair of skinny jeans that are an awesome green!  I also have a dress from a "pin up" online clothing shop that is a spectacular shade of green!  (I'm wearing it in my picture on the "About Me" page).  The key is I add a neutral color when I wear either item.  If you have colored jeans, pair them with a solid top like black, white, or denim.  You can't beat a good button up shirt. Add simple neutral flats and you will look adorable!

4.  Commitment Issues?
      Still not sure?  Nail polish is the scaredy cat's best option.  Check out Monday's post to help you!

5.  Golden Girl.
      I'm not saying you should look like a pot of gold!  But accessorize with small amounts of gold.  A simple necklace looks flattering against a green top.  It makes both the necklace and the shirt pop without being overwhelming.  

Hugs y'all!
Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment