Monday, November 3, 2014

Make Up Monday-Pumpkin Spice Scrub

Halloween is over and fall is (FNALLY) in full force here in Texas.  At least until next week...  A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about a pumpkin mask for your face.  While I sat with the pumpkin/honey mixutre on my face, it got me thinking how awesome this stuff would be as a scrub.  I had made some unscented sugar scrub before so I knew it would not be much different.  All you need are 4 ingredients-coconut oil, brown sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.  Probably all things you have in your pantry this time of year, right?

In a bowl, mix 1 cup of brown sugar (mine was tightly packed), 1/2 cup of coconut oil, and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.  You could add more for a stronger scent.  Make sure to get out the "lumps" of brown sugar.  I used my hands to break apart lumps and mix.  Once it was a "sugar scrub" consistency, I added the cinnamon and pumpkie pie spice, stirring with a spoon.  I put it in a mason jar to put by the sink.  This would make a great gift for your Thanksgiving Day hostess!!  Dress it up with a little fabric and a measuring spoon tied to the side.  Super cute and thoughtful!

           
Make sure to keep a jar for yourself! Your hands will thank you after all that holiday baking!

Hugs y'all!
LSG
 
party

No comments:

Post a Comment