Thursday, October 30, 2014

Thirsty Thursday-Drunken Pumpkin Cocktail


                         
 
I am so excited to bring you today's drink!! I have been working on it all afternoon!  I thought I would use candy corn but then I saw the candy pumpkins...the rest is history!!!  I call it the "Drunken Pumpkin."  It is perfect for sipping while sitting out on your porch (maybe while you hand out candy tomorrow night?)

RECIPE:
1.  Soak a handful of candy pumpkins in 1/4 cup of caramel flavored vodka.  I put mine in mason jar.  It will turn the vodka orange.  It should soak for at least 1 hour in the fridge.

2..  Heat 1 1/2 cup of apple cider in a saucepan.  Add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and stir until it is dissolved.  Remove from heat and add a pinch of cinnamon.  Stir again.

3.  Using a strainer, separate the candy and vodka.  Pour your vodka into a cup.

4.  Add your apple cider to the vodka and stir again.


This is not a strong drink.  I personally do not care for drinks that taste like alcohol.  As you can see, it makes enough  for a full mason jar.  It is finally getting chilly here (in my part of Texas)...finally!  So I think I will enjoy a warm cup and a Halloween movie wth the kids!

Hugs y'all!
LSG

No comments:

Post a Comment