Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wonder Woman Wednesday- 5 Pumpkin Recipes to Get You Ready for Fall

Fall in Texas is usually a privilege.  It is not a given that just because the calendar flips to October, that cooler temps will move in.  Sometimes we go straight from summer to winter in a couple of days.  This week we have been able to enjoy cool mornings (55-65 degrees) and pleasant afternoons (low to mid 80's).  I guess you could call that our fall.  This is the time of year that I start looking for new things to bake.  After a good search and review, I think I have found some that I can't wait to try out!! These are for all you pumpkin addicts out there!!

PUMPKIN SEEDS:
If you follow my blog, you know that we carved a pumpkin on Tuesday.  My little guy insisted that we cook the pumpkin seeds.  So that is just what we did tonight! First, we cleaned the seeds and let them soak for about 10 minutes.  I covered a cookie sheet with foil and spread the seeds out on it.  We drizzled EVOO over the seeds and sprinkled sea salt on them.  The seeds cooked for 15 minutes at 325 degrees.  You  could cook for less time (maybe 10 minutes) for less crispy.  But my family liked the crispier seeds (and I forgot the seeds in the oven while I was decorating pumpkins outside!!)
           


PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE MUFFINS:
If you combine anything with cheesecake, I am there!!  I found these yummy looking muffins over at Sally's Baking Addiction These are going to be on my weekend menu for breakfast.
                

Pumpkin Pie Fudge:
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!  You had me at fudge!! This great little recipe would be perfect for a fall party or Thanksgiving!  Holiday Cottage Page had this tasty recipe on their page.  It makes 56 servings!!
              
 


CREAM CHEESE PUMPKIN BREAD:
This is another yummy one I cannot wait to try!  I love a good bread but when you add cream cheese, even better!!  Eat Cake for Dinner has several great pumpkin bread recipes.
                        
 

PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST BAKE:
I love this one for Thanksgiving morning!!  Seriously thinking about putting it on the menu that morning.  I don't make french toast very often but with all the great recipes floating around, I have several I want to try out on my family.  The Minimalist Bakerdefinitely scored big with this one!!  Can't wait to serve it up for breakfast this weekend!!
                 
Grab a pencil and paper to make that grocery list!  You have new recipes to try out!

Hugs y'all!
LSG









1 comment: