Friday, June 13, 2014

Thirsty Thursday-The Friday Edition

I had every intention of writing this blog last night when I came in from work.  I have had the drink recipe picked out for a week and knew pretty much exactly what I was going to write. I came in, started baked potatoes in the oven, completed my 30 day challenges, sat down on the bed...and fell asleep!  Tough workout...maybe.  Tough day...maybe.  Close to the end of the week...most definitely the reason!   Once I woke up, I figured out my family had come down for a visit.  They don't live out of state or even across town.  Mom and dad just live across the field from us.  So to sum up this long winded and rambling post, I did not get time.

But it counts for something if I get up early Friday morning and write it before work, right? Today's recipe came from Happy Food Healthy Life.  It's the Pink Starburst Cocktail.  Let's be honest for a second.  The pink and red  starbursts are almost everyone's favorite anyway.  The rest of the package is just filler so that the candy company has an excuse to only put 1 or 2 reds/pinks in there.  Then they fill the rest of the package with orange and (yuck) yellow!  So why not make a drink named after one of the favorite starburst colors?!

Here's your grocery list:
1 oz of Pinnacle whipped vodka
1 oz of half and half 
1 oz of fruit punch
Fill with orange juice and top with  splash of diet lemon-lime soda

Here's how to make it:
Mix the vodka, half and half, and fruit punch in a 12 oz glass.  Fill almost all the way with orange jucie and top with a splash of diet lemon-lime soda.

How cute is this drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment