Monday, June 9, 2014

Make up Monday- 30 Day Challenge edition

We go on vacation in three weeks to the beach.  So that mean's a swimsuit needs to be in the suitcase.  Unfortunately, I cannot pack a body double with toned thighs and a six pack set of abs.  She won't find in the suitcase.  I meant to start working out in late April but you can guess how that went.  I meant to change my diet (aka cut back on the sodas and donuts) but again, you can guess how that went.  All this procrastination has brought me where I am today (or maybe yesterday).  I had a bunch of 30 day challenges back in January ( again you can guess how that new year's resolution went) but none of them were "full body" challenges.  I hit Pinterest again this past weekend in search of what I was hoping would meet my needs-to quickly get in shape in 3 weeks!  I am not in terrible shape but there's a little too much jiggle that isn't supposed to be there.  And of course, the hubs hasn't said a word...but my son has...at least once a week!
Saturday was day 1 of "operation decrease sodas."  I went from an average of 4 a day to just one on Saturday and Sunday.  So far today, I have not even a sip of one.  But that will probably change because I hate headaches that come with cutting sodas out completely.  I drove right past the donut store this morning, content with my yogurt and blueberries.  When I stopped at the gas station, no candy bar for me, just a tank full of gas.  Then I came home after work and completed day 2 of my 30 day challenge.  I combined 2 that I found on Pinterest and will add running 2-3 days a week.  The first one I really liked but I felt the "squat" excercise wasn't exactly meeting my needs to I added a squat challenge that has several moves.  
This one came from www.mommart.blogspot.com


I liked this one but I wanted more concentration on my thighs and butt.  Yes, that is exactly where the donut holes were hanging out, if you must know.  So I took out the squats on this one and added this one...
(www.popsugar.com)
This one has all the moves I was looking for to cut down on the "donut jiggle."  I did all of this after work today and it only took about 15 minutes.  I am sore from the squats yesterday so I am sure to be even more sore tomorrow.

On top of the workouts, I changed my diet up a little.  With my job, I eat out ALOT during the week.  So today I loaded up my little insulated lunchbox with lunch and snacks.  I drank all the water I needed (close to 60 oz of regular water & 18.5oz of coconut water).  Instead of fast food, I had peanut butter and jelly wrapped in a tortilla, cucumbers and raspberries.  Snacks throughout the day were almonds, strawberries and blueberries.

Now, in no way am I a fitness guru or nutritionist.  I have never tried these workouts before so I have no clue what results will be. This is just something I wanted to try out to lose a few pounds before heading to the beach.

If you decide to join along with me, I would love to hear your feedback!  I did not weigh myself nor did I measure the problem areas  I don't worry about a number.  It is more how I look and feel about myself.  I really don't care if anyone else notices but me (it would be nice if the hubby notices).

Hugs ya'll,
LSG




No comments:

Post a Comment