Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thirsty Thursday-Lemonade Vodka Slushie

With summer quickly approaching, all southern girls need a good lemonade...especially one with vodka!!  I will admit...I am a weird southern girl...I strongly DISLIKE tea of any sorts!! (cue the "what the..." looks).  But I do love a great cup of lemonade!! If I hadn't just taken a fabulous detox bath, I would whip it up (after the day I had, I deserve it!).  So here's the recipe for you to celebrate Mother's Day:
 Zest from one lemon 
12oz of frozen lemonade concentrate
12 oz  of vodka
24 oz of cold water

MIx all ingredients in a large bowl.  Stir well until all ingredients are combined.  Pour the mxture into a shallow freezer safe pan.  Freeze for at least 8 hours (or overnight).  Make sure to stir once halfway through freezing.  To serve, fluff with a fork and spoon the mixture into glasses for serving.  You can add a lemon slice as a garnish.

There you go!  Grab a spoon and  enjoy this drink sitting on your back porch, feeling the sweet summer breeze in your hair and listening to the bullfrogs croak!

Hugs ya'll,
LSG

This recipe came from www.foodiemisadventures.com

No comments:

Post a Comment