Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Where Has the Lone Star Ginger Been???

Hard to believe it is already July?!  Didn't summer just start like yesterday?  I went to Target last week and they had summer stuff on sale.  They had to make room for school supplies!  It has been a busy summer so far.  That would be the reason for my absence.

The last two weeks of school were a whirlwind.  Field trips, award ceremonies, and other end of the year stuff.  Our summer break started with a trip up north.  When your family owns their own businesses, "vacations" turn into "trips."  The hubs took us but it was still a work trip for him.  We got to explore while he worked.  We made the trek up north, between Buffalo and Rochester, NY.  I figured out real quick any place north of Kentucky was not meant for me.  On our way up, we stopped through Nashville to check out the George Jones Museum.  On the way back, we saw Niagara Falls, Abraham Lincoln's birthplace and The Great Pyramid in Memphis.  Don't worry, there will be a whole blog coming later about our trip.

Anyone else feel like they are drowning in work the week back from vacation?  I sure did!!  Tons of things on the "to do" list that did not get done before I left.  Phone calls to return.  Emails to return.  I did return some texts while we were gone.  Basically I have treaded water the past few weeks, trying not to get overwhelmed.  Things will get done when they get done is a philosophy I have had to adapt to.  Finally got caught up this week and feeling pretty good.

Other than our trip and work, Red is still playing basketball.  She plays 1 to 2 nights a week and games on Saturday.  Her team qualified to play in a big tournament next weekend (which also falls on Chief's birthday!)  Oh yea... failed to mention that we have 3 birthdays in July!  Every 13 days there's a reason for cake.  My birthday just passed so we have German Chocolate cake right now.  My mom also made a chocolate cake in case someone did not like the other one.  So yes, there are 2 giant cakes sitting on my kitchen table!  Feel free to come on over for a piece (or 2). 

Since my birthday is on the 5th, my sweet hubby always invites family and friends over to celebrate on the 4th.  We live out in the country so everyone can bring their fireworks, enjoy great food and help me eat cake!  I love that he does this.  He's a great catch!  On Sunday, my mother and sister kidnapped me for a shopping trip.  Never been to Southlake to shop (or for any reason) but it was so much fun!!  I added a couple of Vera Bradley pieces to my collection as well as some other great buys!  Shopping all day with my mom, my sister (who is 8 months pregnant) and Red was great!  Lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and finished the day off at my favorite local grill for dinner!

So now that I have covered several topics in the blog (that's code for "I've rambled on way too much!), I am ready to start bringing you some regular blogs.  I have several house projects that I have been working on and hope to finish soon.  If you follow my on Instagram, then you saw the cow portrait that is in our hall bath.  That room is just one of my projects to finish.  Plus, I have a few outings planned for the family that I can't wait to share.  No big expensive trips.  Just fun little outings that anyone could do. 

Be on the look out for upcoming blogs!  I post on Instagram too so be sure to follow me!!

Hugs y'all!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment