Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Wonder Woman Wednesday- Why I Don't Care...and It's OK

                
                                         Photo by Suzie Bell Photography
   

This morning as my alarm went off, I thought "I got this!  It's Friday.  Just a couple of clients and the kids get out early from school!"  Imagine my disappointment when I realized it is Wednesday.  And just like that... My motivation and excitement was gone.  But I have still have a full day and the kids still have school.  After a few moments of moping, I got out of bed and started my morning routine.  Now don't get me wrong.  I love my job.  It's just nice to have a day off every once in a while.  One of those days when you say "I don't care."

We live in a society that indirectly peer pressures us into working in and out of the home.  No one person means to bullies us but Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest does.  If I'm friends with Sally on Facebook and every night she posts the epic home-cooked dinner she made after she got off work, it COULD make me feel bad about that oven ready lasagna I just popped in the oven.  I COULD feel like a bad mom/wife for not preparing a healthier meal for my family...but I DON'T CARE.  

That room mom that hand carves bunnies out of chocolate for the entire class should make me feel bad...but I don't care.

That mom at Starbucks with immaculately dressed kids (while my son is in shorts and cowboy boots) could make me feel like I'm a lazy mom...but I don't care.  

That friend that keeps her house tidy and organized every time I visit should make me feel lazy for not keeping mine the same way...but I don't care.

Why do I not care?  Because they are not me.  I value sleep.  I value time with my kids.  I value the time I spend cheering my kids on at their sporting events.  I value quiet time with hubs at night.  I value my own personal quiet time.  Organize the pantry or soak in a warm bath...hmmm, Yep I picked the last choice.  If my daughter and husband want to watch a marathon of "Criminal Minds," the laundry can wait until tomorrow.

I will get to the laundry room...eventually.
I will get dishes done...eventually.
I will cook a meal from scratch...eventually. 
I will organize my office...eventually.

"Everything will get done eventually" has became my motto lately.  For right now, I don't care and I am ok with that.

Hugs y'all!
Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment