Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Texas Tuesday: Quick Beef Enchiladas

                 


I could eat Tex Mex everyday.  Really, no exaggeration.  So it should come as no surprise that I decided to write about my favorite quick enchilada recipe for Texas Tuesday.  I have a few enchilada recipes that I love to cook.  But some take longer to prepare, and I don't always have time during the week.

Here's your grocery list:
1lb of ground beef ( I prefer extra lean but that's just me)
1 cup of chunky salsa
8 flour tortillas 
1-2 cups of grated cheese (I use the Mexican blend but you can use mild or sharp cheddar too)

Ready, Set, Cook!
1.  Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2.  Brown the ground beef in a large nonstick skillet.  Drain the grease and return to pan.  
3.  Stir in 1/2 cup of salsa.  Simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.  
4.  Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of grated cheese.
5.  Spread 1/4 cup salsa onto the bottom of a 9x13 cooking dish.  
6.  Spoon 1/3 cup of the meat mixture down the center of the tortilla.  Roll up and place the seam side down in the dish.  Repeat.
7.  Top with remaining salsa.  Cover and cook 20 mins or until heated through.  
8.  Top with desired about of cheese (1/2 to 1 1/2 cup of cheese).  I like cheese so I use a cup and a half.
9.  Bake UNCOVERED for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.  
10.  Enjoy with Spanish rice and retried beans!

TIP:  the softer the tortilla, the better the enchilada!  Softer, fresher tortillas make a softer enchilada.  You will only need to a fork to cut your enchilada!

Hugs y'all,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment