Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wonder Woman Wednesday-Easy Halloween Cookies

One thing you should know about me is that I love to bake!!  It's also not something I get to do very often.  I bought two chocolate cake mixes this past weekend with the full intention of making the most delicious triple layer chocolate cake with orange icing and Halloween sprinkles.  After they sat on my kitchen table all weekend, I finally put them up in the pantry last night as I whispered "Maybe next weekend."  
With "Pinterest pressure" running rampant (yes, it's like peer pressure except you're not in high school and random strangers are unintentionally pressuring you to be a rock star mom), I am sure many of us have a Halloween board full of yummy treats we will never make.  Am I right?  So I am here to give you my favorite "easy peasy" cookie recipe that can make it look like you spent all afternoon in the kitchen. I have been making this cookies for years!   They  are so super easy.

You can start this recipe however you choose.  You can use the "pull apart" cookies that you slap on a cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes (GUILTY!).  You can use a mix, which is what I am doing today.  OR you can be supermom and make your own sugar cookies from scratch.  Any way is fine.  If you use the pull apart kind, at least sprinkle flour some on your shirt to make it seem like you have been baking all day.  So if you go with the prepackaged mix, chances are you will need some water, butter and an egg or two.  But other than that, this is all you need. Make sure to have a couple of toothpicks handy too!!
I chose cream cheese frosting because well, who doesn't love cream cheese frosting on their cookies? But you can use just plain vanilla/white frosting.  After the cookies have baked and cooled, slather a little frosting on each cookie.
Take your black icing and draw 3 circles (think the Target symbol!)
Start a toothpick in the center dot and pull toward the edge of the cookie.  Do this all around the cookie.  This should pull the icing causing a spider web look.
You can add a cute little plastic spider.  I didn't have any small enough.  Now you have cute little spider web cookies that look like you have been in the kitchen all day.  No one has to know they took 10 minutes! 

Hugs y'all!
LSG





No comments:

Post a Comment