Friday, April 11, 2014

Fashion Friday-Baseball Moms!!!


Since Pistol plays baseball tonight, I decided I needed a cute baseball mom outfit-especially since it's warm today!  I have tons of shirts I have bought that I usually wear, but today I decided to go for my own custom gear.  First off, I love the look of maxi skirts.  But I am only 5 foot 4 so most of the time the maxi is way too long!  I had sworn off the maxi skirt/dress of any kind.  Then I found this tutorial on Pinterest and thought I could totally do this!  And guess what this NOVICE seamstress did??  TOTALLY ROCKED IT!!    DIY Maxi Skirt with Slit has easy directions with PICTURES!!!  I made mine with a grey cotton knit.  I will say that is not the easiest fabric to work with.  Plus I had never worked with elastic before.  So after having several disagreements with my machine, I finally got a super cute (and comfy) grey maxi skirt that is custom made to my measurements.  After I got the hard part out of the way, I made my tank with cute baseball fabric and whipped up a baseball mom necklace.  I like the small necklaces for baseball games because when I get hot and sunburnt (let's be honest: I am a ginger, I am going to burn), the lines aren't as noticeable.  Once I got my shirt and necklace done, I added my favorite flip flops in our team color.  I will try to add a picture to my Facebook of the skirt on once the hubby gets home.  Swing batter swing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment