Monday, April 27, 2015

Make Up Monday- April Birchbox review



After this month's Birchbox, I may never end my subscription.  I mean, really, it was that fabulous!  I know last month there some products that I said I would order in full size.  I am so glad I didn't!!  This month's shampoo/conditioner was even better.  Plus I super puffy heart the smell of them. (Yes, I, a grown woman, said "super puffy heart.")  Out of the 5 products, I loved 4 of them.  Thankfully, most were reasonably priced. 

Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Moisturizing Shampoo: Full size bottle is $15 so not too bad.  It is considered a mild cleanser that repairs and rebuilds strands.  It gives your hair a clean smell.   Not too much fragrance but just enough.

Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Repairing Conditioner: Full size bottle is $16.  So for around $30, you could get a good shampoo/conditioner combo.  I have spent close to that on shampoo alone from a salon.  It's formula is meant to strengthen dry or damaged hair, leaving it softer and smoother.  I noticed my hair was definitely smoother.  Curly hair in the middle of the most humid spring season ever...yes, I notice when my hair is able to smooth down!

Jouer (Tint):  Full size compact is $22.  I will be real honest... I did not try this one completely.  I am not big on lip color that can also be used as cheek color.  You are supposed to be able to use your fingertip to dab on your lips and cheeks.  I think it is more of a mental thing for me...but still I can't do it.  As a lip color, it was good.  The shade I received was a little bright for me so I used just a small dab.  You can layer for a brighter color. 

WEI Manuka Bee Venom Mask: Set of 8 pods is $60.  Yes, it is pricey.  But man, it does make your face feel fantabulous after that first use.  It is meant to firm, soften, and minimize fine lines.  I noticed soft skin for sure.  Since I stretched one pod over 4 treatments, I did not notice the minimizing of fine lines.  I would be interested in ordering a set to check it out.  You can apply this mask 1-2 a week.

Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream: Full size bottle is $20.  My trial size came in a blueberry scent.  I loved it!  The cream has shea butter which leaves your skin feeling soft after you shave.  That is definitely a plus for me.  I don't always apply lotion after I shave so the shea butter really moisturized my legs as I shaved (even with cheap razors.)

I think this box was a total score.  I liked 4 out of 5 products.  My daughter even wants me to order her a Birchbox for her birthday.





No comments:

Post a Comment