Friday, April 3, 2015

Fun Friday- Not Your Typical Egg Hunt

                 
 Remember the days when you bought those simple colored plastic eggs, stuffed them with candy, and hid them all over the yard?  If it was a big family egg hunt, remember how the little ones would cry because the big kids were much faster and got all the eggs?  Wow, time has changed!  The annual egg hunt is ever changing.  
I only have 2 kids at home; 3 if you count the hubs!  We have done the traditional egg hunts but they are older this year.  I really wanted to do something different.  The "glow in the dark" hunt is cool but I don't ever buy the right size eggs or glow sticks.  Red is 13 and Chief is 8 so they need a challenge.  I thought about multiplication facts and give each kid a "fact family."  But I hate math.  
So I settled on a flashlight egg hunt.  Thought I was super smart and innovative until I went to Pinterest.  Yup, bubble busted!  Tons of ideas!  Everyone had the same basic premise- use a flashlight to find your assigned color eggs.  That's fine but I only have 2 kids.  What am I going to do with the other colors of eggs?  That's when hit me...MOVIE CHARACTERS!  Random, I know.  But that's how my brain works.  
So here's my twist on the egg hunt.  Each kid will have 8 egg of assorted colors.  Written on Red's eggs are characters from the Hunger Games like Catniss, Prim, Peeta. Etc.  Chief is on an "Incredibles" kick so his eggs will have Mr. Incredible, Elasti-Girl, Dash, etc.  The eggs will be hidden all over the yard right before dark.  Chief likes chocolate so his eggs will have m&m and Reese's.  Red gets "brace face" friendly snacks in her eggs.  At dark, they can go out with their flashlights and find their assigned eggs.  I am going to have 2 big gold prize eggs hidden.  Once they find their 8 eggs, then they can find their "Oscar" egg.  

I may just have to post an update to tell you either how fabulous this idea was or how big of a flop it was!  Hope your Friday is treating you good!

Hugs y'all!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment